Bollywood actors Amitabh Bachchan, Dharmendra and billionaire businessman Mukesh Ambani were victims of a bomb scare recently as an anonymous person claimed to have planted bombs near their homes. , reported Hindustan Times.
On February 28, an unidentified person called the Emergency Response Support System (ERSS) and said that explosives had been placed near the homes of three prominent celebrities. According to the release, the anonymous caller reached the Nagpur-based control room of the ERSS and passed on the information to the Mumbai Police as the three locations mentioned are also in Mumbai.
Soon, an investigation was also conducted, which revealed that the first suspect was also based in Mumbai and was now being hunted by the Mumbai Police.
It was also reported that the Mumbai Police also alerted the local police in Juhu, Vile-Parle and Gamdevi, whose jurisdictions are the places where the two elderly people and businessmen fall down. The sources also said that teams from the Bomb Detection and Disposal Squad (BDDS) will check the area around the houses of the three people for any what may be suspected. “Right now the groups are working to identify the person who called and find them,” said a police officer.
Ambani, who is one of the richest people in India, was given Z-plus security, the highest level of protection given to people at risk by the Supreme Court in India. According to the store, the team consists of 55 employees, including more than 10 police officers and commandos from the National Security Guard.
This is not the first time that a Bollywood celebrity has been the target of a bomb scare. In January 2022, a man was arrested by the Jabalpur Police in India for allegedly making a bomb near Shah Rukh Khan’s house. The detainee also called the Mumbai police and made threats, reported Times of India.
Anything to add to the story? Share in the comments below.